Today, we are making Lemon Bars: a beloved classic treat! Buttery shortbread crust, tangy lemon filling, and a dusting of powdered sugar on top. I love this lemon dessert recipe so much, it’s my ‘go-to’ recipe’ if I’m in the mood for something sweet and citrussy.
In the baking process for these lemon bars, you’ll first need to bake the bottom crust part and add the filling later and bake again. .The process is pretty simple and I will walk you through each step. Pick up some fresh citrus and let’s get baking.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- For the bottom crust, mix the butter and sugar until smooth. Then add the flour and sugar.
- Lightly spray a square baking tin and line with baking paper.
- Place the dough in the tin, making a nice flat bottom.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 20 minutes.
- For the filling, the sugar and egg until smooth. then add the lemon juice, lemon zest and mix further. Lastly add the flour to mixture.
- Once the crust has been baked, pour the filing mixture on top and bake further for another 17 – 20 minutes.
- Once baked, let it cool. Cut it in squares and sprinkle with some powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- 115 gr butter (room temperature)
- 30 gr powdered sugar
- 130 gr flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 200 gr sugar
- 2 eggs
- 80ml lemon juice (+/- 2 lemons)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp flour
Hope you like this recipe! If you try it out or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please like or leave a comment, or tag a photo @happyfoodiefam on Instagram! Thank you.