I have been eating more and more vegetarian lately, and this recipe for baked sweet potato fries is one of my favorourite dishes. It’s so easy to make and you can add any seasoning to your liking. They are salty-sweet, crunchy, and spicy if you wish.
Usually I make a huge batch and use them for lunch and dinner as a side or even in salads.
Unlike regular deep-fried French fries, these baked sweet potato fries have a lot of nutrition properties. Standard orange sweet potatoes provide an excellent source of beta-carotene, which your body turns into vitamin A.
Sweet potatoes are also full of antioxidants and fiber, and have some beneficial blood sugar-regulating properties. Plus, they’re a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6. All the more reason to make them!
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- Peel and slice the sweet potato into evenly thin fries. Coat them in a drizzle of olive oil.
- Season the fries with some paprika powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the fries on a baking tray and leave spaces in between.
- Bake them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with any sauce to your liking. Enjoy!
Tip: To make the fries even more crispy, you can soak them in cold water for 10 minutes, dry them in a kitchen towel, and sprinkle them. with corn starch before you season them.
- 1 sweet potato
- olive oil
- paprika powder
- garlic powder
Hope you like this recipe! If you try it out or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please like or leave a comment, or tag a photo @happyfoodiefam on Instagram! Thank you.