Outside it’s starting to get cold and rainy: this means more time inside for baking! This time we share a recipe that we tried for the first time and is an instant hit in our household. We absolutely love to share this recipe for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars: its a cookie bar made from all our favorite things!
These peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip bars are super soft, slightly chewy, buttery, and peanut buttery. Between the butter and the peanut butter, they’re super moist and just melt in your mouth. There’s plenty of chocolate in every bite.
Since we always have these basic ingredients on hand, we can whip up a batch anytime. It’s perfect for a quick snack or dessert.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the over at 180 C.
- Take a large bowl and mix the softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, oats, baking soda and salt and mix it further into creamed mixture.
- Lastly add the chocolate chips and stir it in gently with a whisk. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Take an oven dish of approximately 30 x 20 cm and line it with baking paper.
- Put in the mixture and spread it evenly in the oven dish.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top to finish it off.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and cool it after on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Hope you like this recipe! If you try it out or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please like or leave a comment, or tag a photo @happyfoodiefam on Instagram! Thank you.