This recipe for Pancakes with Figs and Forest Fruit is a creation of Amelie. It’s a great recipe to make in the weekend, when you’re having a nice family breakfast or brunch.
This easy recipe makes pancakes that are light and fluffy and only calls for a few simple ingredients you probably have in your kitchen right now. The topping with the fresh fruits, makes it a rich and filling treat.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg in a bowl until its nice and foamy.
- Add all the remaining ingredients: flour, buttermilk, vanilla sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Gently mix with a whisk until the batter is smooth. Do not overmix.
- Get a large pan and fry the pancakes in some oil or butter on a low/medium heat until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the pancake with some fresh figs, forest fruit and maple syrup. Lastly sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts and coconut chips.
- Enjoy your pancakes!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- forest fruit
- maple syrup or honey
- coconut chips
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please like or leave a comment, or tag a photo @happyfoodiefam on Instagram! Thank you.