We just came back from our summer holiday and spent a few days in Singapore. We found this place called Ben’s Cookies, that sold these amazing cookies and people were standing in a long line for them. We were so curious and tried them out. They turned out to be amazing. Now we are back home we’re still thinking about those cookies. Amelie recreated them with the following recipe and they came out as close to the original one!
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the over at 180 C.
- Mix the melted butter with sugar, brown sugar and salt until its well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking soda in the mixture and mix with rubber spatula.
- Add the chocolate chunks to the mixture.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Make even balls of approximately 3 cm and put them on a baking tray. Put a small piece of chocolate on every ball. The cookies will spread, so make sure to put enough roomie between the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chunks
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please like or leave a comment, or tag a photo @happyfoodiefam on Instagram! Thank you.