This is my recipe for a classic basic tomato pasta sauce that is full of flavor and packed with veggies. It’s perfect if your kids are picky eaters. It’s a sauce that you can use on your spaghetti, linguini or even lasagna.
There are as many recipes for tomato sauce, but this one is a classic, stunning, full-bodied sauce to star in your pasta dish. The tomato paste thickens up the sauce and adds some richness, but you can leave it out if you prefer a thinner sauce. You can even add some meatballs or extra vegetables to the dish if you want a more robust meal.
I learned this recipe from my niece, who again got this recipe from her neighbor. This proves it’s a good recipe, that everyone wants to try. It’s not difficult at all, and you’ll be so happy with the results, You’ll never buy ready-made jars of pasta sauce again after trying this simple, easy recipe.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Take a large pot and sprinkle generously with olive oil.
- Fry the roughly chopped onions, garlic, carrots, peppers and tomatoes. Also add the rosemary and thyme.
- When the onion has browned a little bit, add the concentrated tomato puree and stir for a minute.
- Then add the cans of peeled tomato, together with the salt, pepper and sugar.
- Give it a stir and leave it to simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Leave the sauce to cool and then puree the sauce with a blender until smooth.
- The sauce is ready to use. Enjoy your classic tomato pasta sauce!
- olive oil
- 3 onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots
- 2 peppers
- 1 chilli pepper (optional)
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 little cans of concentrated tomato puree
- 4 cans of peeled tomatoes in tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
Hope you like this recipe! If you try it out or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please like or leave a comment, or tag a photo @happyfoodiefam on Instagram! Thank you.