Over the years I’ve tried different recipes, but this is my favorite banana bread recipe. It’s the recipe that comes to mind first when I have leftover spotty bananas in the fruitbowl. With its super-moist texture, buttery banana and sweet flavors, and incredibly soft crumb, this is the best ever banana bread recipe. You’ll need overripe bananas to begin.
To make the very best banana bread that comes out super moist, it is important to start out with ripe bananas! They need to be a dark yellow with lots of browning. You can use bananas that are even darker than this! The riper the bananas, the more moist your bread will be and the more banana flavor it will have!
It’s a quick and easy recipe. To make the banana bread batter, you can even use a simple whisk to mix all the ingredients together, instead of the mixer.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- Lightly butter your 4 x 8 inch cake tin and line it with some parchment paper to prevent sticking after baking.
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mash the bananas on a plate with a fork until smooth and add it to the dry mixture, together with the slightly melted butter and eggs.
- Mix everything until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared cake tin and bake for 55 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool in the cake tin for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the tin and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve.
- Enjoy your banana bread!
- 195 gr flour
- 130 gr sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 115 gr melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Tip: if you make a few banana breads in one go, you can also freeze the slices per portion.
If you try out this banana bread recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please like or leave a comment, or tag a photo @happyfoodiefam on Instagram! Thank you.