Sometime we are allowed to sin right? Who doesn’t love cheesecake? I’ll share my personal recipe with you. This recipe for mini cheesecakes serves 12 and is perfect to make for any occasion such as a high tea, birthday or brunch. I’ve shared this recipe many times and is guaranteed for a success!
INGREDIENT BOTTOM CRUST
- 150 gr crumbled cookies (half Bastogne, half vanilla biscuits)
- 70 gr melted boter
- 1 split egg
- 250g cream cheese
- pinch of salt
- vanilla pod
- 75g sugar
- 20ml lime juice (half of a lime)
- small strawberries and raspberries
- 125ml cream
- half cup mascarpone
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. For the bottom crust, fill the muffin tin with paper liners. Crumble the cookies (in foodprocessor or punch them in a plastic bag) and add the melted butter. Mix until it forms a beautiful mass and fill the paper trays, each with one tablespoon of the cookie mixture. Gently pressing with a spoon. Put in the fridge to harden.
- For the filling, beat the eggwhites with a pinch of salt with a mixer until firm. Add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lime juice and mix further until smooth. Finally, add the egg yolks and whisk further by hand with a whisk. When the mixture is smooth fill the muffin cups evenly. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool after baking and leave overnight in the fridge.
- Garnish: whisk the cream until it’s semi-stiff, then add half a cup mascarpone and icing sugar and beat more rigid. Garnish the cheese cakes with whipped cream mixture and strawberries and raspberries. You can vary with different sorts of fruit and/or chocolade shavings. Enjoy!
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please like or leave a comment, or tag a photo @happyfoodiefam on Instagram! Thank you.