Homemade granola can be a healthy, comforting, and delicious treat. Most of the store-bought stuff is high in sugar, contains unhealthy fats and oils, and is packed full of fillers and unnecessary ingredients.
This is my personal favorite for a healthy and tasty breakfast. It’s really the best granola recipe ever! It’s quick and easy, naturally sweetened with (just a little) honey.
Whipping up your own at home is super easy, quick, and allows you to control the amount of sugar and quality of ingredients, while also changing things up and adding in the flavors that you love.
Alright, so it’s time to print, save or bookmark this recipe, because I’m telling you, this one’s a keeper!
To be honest, I am constantly whipping up various kinds of variations of this recipe, depending on what you have on your pantry shelve.
Besides the main ingredient oats, this recipe consists of nuts, seeds, dried, fruits, honey. But basically you can alter it always according to your personal taste. I’ve tried different recipes over the years, but this formula is the one that works for me. So here it comes, my favorite homemade granola recipe.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- First preheat the oven at 160 C.
- Crush the nuts into little chunks.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl: oats, nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and salt. Whisk them all good together.
- Then add all the wet ingredients in a pan and melt everything together on a low heat: the coconut oil, honey, cinnamon and mix everything together until it’s evenly mixed.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Spread the mixture evenly on baking tray that’s been prepared with a sheet of baking paper, press it firmly in an even layer and bake the mixture in the oven for 20 minutes at 160 C.
- Tossle and turn the granola and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let the granola cool. Wait for about 20-30 minutes. Use a spoon to break it up. Add raisins.
- If the granola has been cooled, you can serve it right away or store in airtight container and it should keep up for 1 month.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 100 gr pecan nuts
- 100 gr walnuts
- 100 gr almonds
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of flaxseeds
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 cup of raisins
My advice is to get creative! This recipe is flexible and easy to modify. Use any combo of healthy ingredients to make it your own flavor. Want to customize your granola a bit more? Feel free to add in extra:
- Dried fruit: Any kind of chopped dried fruit would be delicious here.
- Chocolate chips: As would, of course, your favorite kind of chocolate chips.
- Peanut butter: Feel free to stir in 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (stir it into the melted coconut mixture) if you would like.
- Warming spices: I’ve kept the recipe simple below with just using ground cinnamon. But feel free to add in any other additional warming spices that you love, such as ground nutmeg, cloves, ginger and/or allspice.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please like or leave a comment, or tag a photo @happyfoodiefam on Instagram! Thank you.